Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Just Relax

Now there's something I've never heard anyone tell me. Relax. Take it Easy. I pride myself on being a "go with the flow" kind of guy. Not to where I am so careless that I come off ignorant, or that i just don't care, but just enough to look calm and under control. This is extremely hard to do when you are 3 months away from getting married, you just started a new job, and you need to start looking for a house by the end of August!

I don't know why I try to keep everything inside and let it fester in there until it is forced to come out. I have never been one to spill my guts on any given topic, which makes me wonder why I started a blog in the first place. I think when I was told to relax, it hit me harder that anyone saying that to someone else would expect. I really needed that. Time after time God blesses me and I continue to worry about things as if they were too big for Him. Nonsense.

I needed a place to live for the summer and had about one month to really find a place. If I didn't find something I would have been forced to move in with my fiance for the three months before we should be living together. I met someone who is a sound engineer and a really cool guy. We met randomly through my friend Laura who met him and they started talking about recording. These things happen all the time in Nashville but none of them are ever legit. Within a span of 2 weeks of recording and getting to know each other, i moved in to his place for less than i was paying at my house for the last year. Granted the place is smaller than Vern Troyer's closet, but it is a place with a studio and a brand new friendship that I have been yearning for since I have been down south (that is another blog entry).

Just Relax. I appear to have everything under control but it is obvious that i don't. I put on a good act though, you have to admit. God has everything where He wants it. I am convinced that I have no idea what is good for me in life. If I don't trust in God to show me what to do, I am going to end up really messing up my life and isolating myself from everyone around me. Ok, this is getting out of control...there's no way I just wrote all of this. Well, this may be a good idea after all. thanks dave.

-James-

3 comments:

dave said...

well done young padawan!! keep it coming.

Kara said...

vern troyer.

Kim said...

Ok so I completely understand where you are coming from...I now have 6 weeks to find a place in Memphis, so I can't really even look because I am out of days off- God has opened doors for us to be there, so I don't know why I worry that He won't continue to provide.

Don't worry- things will work out. Sooo much stress is relieved right after the wedding. I know the last couple months before my wedding flew by, September will be here before you know it!